Position pays – $9.50 an hour
Immediate Openings – Janitorial Supervisor for Morning Shift
Federal Building Services is looking for dedicated, reliable, hardworking individuals who are interested in joining an amazing team within a growing industry!
For immediate consideration please contact Carlos at Regency (804) 740-1518 or stop by the Management Office and ask for a job application.
General Duties and Responsibilities: The Supervisor will assist the Project Manager with managing the individual crew members.
- Responsible for inspecting quality control of all assignments during all working hours.
- Responsible for assisting Project Manager with employee safety training. Safety Data Sheets, and accident investigations and look for preventive measures.
- Responsible for maintaining proper inventory control of supplies and materials needed for the cleaning program.
- Responsible for managing employees effectively during shift and that all work is being performed to standard.
- Report to the Project Manager any employee relation issues, performance issues.
- Holding daily meetings for the shift crew and providing updates and encouraging feedback that would assist in providing a safer work environment.
- Complete necessary reporting Action logs, Spill logs and radio logs.
- Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing or vacuuming them with provided facilities equipment.
- Perform trash removal and replace containers with empty bags.
- Service, supply and clean restrooms including all fixtures; toilets, urinals, partitions, walls, vents and mirrors.
- Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors, using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, and squeegees.
- Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment, in order to prevent damage to floors and disturbs.
- Requisition supplies and equipment needed for cleaning and maintenance duties.
- Dust furniture, walls, machines, and equipment.
- Mix water and detergents or acids in containers to prepare cleaning solutions, according to specification.
- Clean and restore building interiors damaged by fire, smoke, or water, using commercial cleaning equipment.
- Patrol entire site for any trash and/or spills that need to be clean.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successful perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- FT position
- Must be able to work mornings and weekends
- Previous Janitorial experience of 3 years or Supervisor experience of 1 year
- Driver’s License required
- Must be Bi-lingual in Spanish reading and writing (Fluent/Proficient)
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must have reliable transportation
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $9.50 /hour
Job Location: Richmond, VA
Required education: High school or equivalent
Required experience: Supervisor: 3 years
Required language: Spanish