Type: Full Time
The Walking Company is looking to hire a position for Assistant Manager.
Ideal candidate must be 18 or older and have retail experience, must have management experience.
This is an hourly plus commission based pay with 32-40 hours per week.
The Assistant Store Manager will support the Store Manager in the day to day operations of the store. Responsibilities include supervising staff; provide excellent customer service to our guests, producing sales, and execute all responsibilities of a Third Key and Sales Associate duties. Also, responsible for obtaining or receiving merchandise, total bills, accept payment and make changes for customer in retail store by performing the following duties.
- Meet store sales and Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
- Maintain adequate sales floor coverage in the manager’s absence
- Monitors adherence to all corporate customer service policies
- Takes corrective action on negative sales trends
- Actively leads portions of all store meetings
- Provides additional training to staff on product knowledge and creative selling techniques
- Ensures compliance of employees with established inventory control procedures
- Communicates product opportunities
- Store Presentation
- Prepares or directs workers preparing merchandise displays
- Executes all store promotions
- Store Supervision
- Manage daily operations in an assistant store
- Oversees employees performing duties and/or performs duties personally
- Ensure compliance of company record keeping and banking procedures
- Responsible for handling the cash for store opening and closing to ensure all the monies have been accounted for the day’s receipts
- Creates a work scheduled for the store two weeks in advance of the scheduled work week
- Works a minimum of five (5) days per week
- Scheduled to work a minimum of two nights per week, to include a Friday or a Saturday night
All other duties assigned by the Store Manager
- Excellent communication Skills
- Meet Sales Goals
- Knowledge of sales principles
- Basic administration knowledge
- Retail experience desirable
This position will require you to stand, walk, bend, kneel, stoop, crouch, and climb a ladder. The employee will be required at times to unload and unpack shipments, and lift/or move items up to 25 pounds.
If you have the right qualifications, please visit our store to pick up an application. Also, come dressed for a potential interview.